Wie weet?

van: www.kustvaartforum.com
Roland

Veni Vidi ... ex-Corsica imo 5080550

Bericht door Roland »

Hello,

Some photos of the wreck of the former Coscica lying at Ushant, the was scrapped on site sometimes later. That ship was bought by a scrap dealer who was intending to recover scrap from various wrecks around the island. She was blown ashore during a severe winter gale while being laid up. Corsica was built at Westerbroek by Smit EJ as yard number 663 in 1940, she also sailed as Dirk D under Dutch flag before being sold to France.

Do you know if drawings of that coaster survived ?

Roland
Bijlagen
img222.jpg
img222.jpg (153.73 KiB) 2977 keer bekeken
img225.jpg
img225.jpg (157.58 KiB) 2977 keer bekeken
img228.jpg
img228.jpg (169.43 KiB) 2977 keer bekeken
img229.jpg
img229.jpg (277.1 KiB) 2977 keer bekeken
img232.jpg
img232.jpg (187 KiB) 2977 keer bekeken
img236.jpg
img236.jpg (219.88 KiB) 2977 keer bekeken
ko van dixhoorn

Re: Wie weet?

Bericht door ko van dixhoorn »

Hallo Evert
Ja al die foto's heb ik al , had ik ook al gezien maar van de voorkant krijg ik geen duidelijk beeld
en al helemaal niet van de plaats van de lieren
Maar we houden hoop
Met de Patricia is het ook helemaal goed gekomen :D
grt Ko
Gert Schouwstra
Contacteer:

Bericht door Gert Schouwstra »

Hello Roland,
Yes they did, the original yardfiles and drawings of the Corsica are kept at the "Groninger Archieven". They are actually stored at the depot at Hoogezand and you can send them a request to have a look at the file in the study room or ask for copy's. Click on this link and you will find data and the contact form.
Gert
- Varen is leven. -
Op mijn website https://aa-planadvies.nl/ vind je alles over mijn bedrijf.
Roland

Bericht door Roland »

Hello Gert,

Many thanks for your valuable feedback, I will definitively get in touch with the "Groninger Archieven".

I am also looking for drawings of another Dutch built coaster which crew was saved by the Ushant lifeboat. She was built as FRENDO for a Norwegian owner in 1968 by Scheepwerf Bijholt at Foxol and was renamed OY TRADER in 1974. In September 1975 she was caught in bad weather off Ushant and took a severe list. Being left adrift in a very dangerous area after the rescue of her crew, she did not run aground nor sank immediately. She was later found half submerged and taken in tow by a 12 m wooden fishing boat to the mainland and sank on a beach near Le Conquet. She was refloated one year later and sold for scrap. Is there any chance the builder drawings have survived at the "Groninger Archieven" or somewhere else in the Netherlands ?
Roland
Bijlagen
Oy Trader.jpg
Oy Trader.jpg (165.84 KiB) 2827 keer bekeken
FRENDO.JPG
FRENDO.JPG (339.19 KiB) 2827 keer bekeken
Gert Schouwstra
Contacteer:

Bericht door Gert Schouwstra »

Hello Roland,
I don't think that these plans are at the "Groninger Archieven", but you can always give it a try.
The "Noordelijk Scheepvaartmuseum" has also a lot of shipbuilding plans, including plans of Bijlholt Foxhol. Probably the drawings of this ship are in their possession. I would advise to contact them via this link.
Gert
- Varen is leven. -
Op mijn website https://aa-planadvies.nl/ vind je alles over mijn bedrijf.
Simon Marrink

Bericht door Simon Marrink »

Op de beeldbank van de gemeente Midden-Groningen staan nog een aantal foto's van de Frendo nieuw afgemeerd voor de bouwwerf.

Groeten,

Simon
Roland

Bericht door Roland »

Hello Gert,

I got in touch with them years ago but the replied I got was that drawings were not available. I will try with the « Groninger Archieven ». I am missing the yard number of Frendo, can someone help in this matter ?

Roland
Roland

Bericht door Roland »

Hi Simon,

Thanks for the information, do you have a link to that web pages ?

Roland
p.arendz

Bericht door p.arendz »

Frendo's yardnr: 587
MVG,
---Peter.
Simon Marrink

Bericht door Simon Marrink »

Plaats reactie